Responsible community membership
We’re the first aviation company to join as a member of The Long Run, a nature-based tourism business. As part of this community we share a commitment to drive holistic sustainability. For Fireblade, this 360° focus means constantly referencing the Four Cs, the pillars of culture, conservation, commerce and community. This structured and balanced approach will encourage our business to actively participate in amplifying the positive, sustainable influence of travel on our communities and ecosystems across Africa. The more you know, the more you can drive change, and Fireblade also uses Weeva, a digital sustainability tracking tool using the latest science to help us act with purpose to measure and improve our impact on the road to creating a more efficient and resilient sustainable tourism business, one bit at a time.
While working towards a more sustainable future for aviation at large, we are also implementing day-to-day sustainability practices in our facilities:
- electric car charging ports have been introduced
- digital processes are replacing paper consumption
- we have eliminated single-use plastics
- kitchen staff have weekly meetings to reduce waste:
- moving to biodegradable packaging
- introducing composting bins
- sourcing fresh produce from the sustainable on-site Fireblade Aviation garden
Momentum equals progress, and step-by-step Fireblade is committed to embarking on this aviation sustainability journey as we continue to lead and innovate as an FBO in the South African flight charter, and maintenance and repair space. Not just for ourselves, but for our guests and the tourism industry at large.